Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5540
Chrome OS

I put my HP ENVY 5540 IP address in browser. Click enter. A window opens allowing me to click scan. I get this message:

You cannot use this function because it has been disabled.

To turn on Webscan, from the Settings tab, click Security, click Administrator Settings, select Enable for Webscan, and then click Apply.

I get as far as admin settings and it redirects me to a secure page. I click ok. The next page shows me I have a privacy error and that my connection is not private. I have the option to go back to safety. 

How do I correct this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @MapleLady,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Unfortunately, as your printer model doesn't have an Automatic Document Feeder and Webscan has no feature to "Add additional scan pages", you can only scan 1 page document and save as PDF at any one time.

If you have a WIndows PC, you can actually install the FULL feature software and the Scan Software has the 

"Add pages" feature where you can scan several pages into one PDF document.

This resource will show you how it's done on a PC:

Scanning multiple pages to a PDF document

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

At the Connection error, simply go to "Advanced" and "Proceed to (Printer IP address)"

That will bring you to the Embedded Web Server page.

These scanning resources will be useful :

Scanning for Dummies

Look for the resource on Scanning from Chromebook/Webscan

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Thanks GreenTurtle! I'm now able to scan to Webscan. 

Is there a way to scan several pages as one document? 

I'm able to scan one page as one document now and will continue to do that unless there is a way to pull all pages into one pdf.

HP Recommended

Hi @MapleLady,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Unfortunately, as your printer model doesn't have an Automatic Document Feeder and Webscan has no feature to "Add additional scan pages", you can only scan 1 page document and save as PDF at any one time.

If you have a WIndows PC, you can actually install the FULL feature software and the Scan Software has the 

"Add pages" feature where you can scan several pages into one PDF document.

This resource will show you how it's done on a PC:

Scanning multiple pages to a PDF document

Have a nice day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.