Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-29-2022 01:03 PM
Over the past 6 months or so when I go to use the scanner app, I was asked to sign in to my account which I did. Now, after attempting to sign in, I get the following message:
We're sorry, something went wrong
We’re experiencing connectivity issues related to account access. This could happen if you are connected to a VPN. Exit setup and try again later to resolve this issue.
If you continue to have issues setting up, contact HP Support.(Error Code: OW_500_OWSID00001)
01-03-2023 09:21 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
Provide the printer model number or the product number for further assistance.
Here is the link to find the product number:- Click here
Which application are you using to scan?
I am an HP Employee
01-08-2023 09:36 PM
This seems to be a driver issue, follow these steps to fix the issue:-
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install, printer using HP Smart app
Click here to download
Update the printer firmware to install the latest updates
Here are the steps:- Click here
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community