Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
F4580
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have spent a miserable morning ploughing through a host of help suggestions from this forum and none of them work. I have an existing LAN with a wireless connected F4580. The Macs and Windows 7 machines can print and scan on it. Then I introduce a new build Windows 10  machine to the LAN, connected by cable to a switch which is connected to the router. That switch also connects the Windows 7 machine and a laser printer. Software installation is non-intuitive. It has to be a Windows 7 64 bit driver since there isn't one for windows 10. Nonetheless I can print from Windows 10 to the F4580. The issue is that even after all the install, deinstall, turn on, turn off stand on your head and count to 10 the followng things do not work: HP easystart sees the IP but not the machine, HP Scan and Capture cannot communicate with the printer, HP Solution Center cannot find the printer, HP Smart cannot communicate with the printer. OK then, get clues, maybe there is a real problem. So I double check I can print then I wake up an IP scanner and it finds the printer immediately and it also offers me the option to use Websan, and guess what it works perfectly. So what did I miss? Thanks in advance for any help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BrianM7

A warm welcome to HP Community!

HP Deskjet F4580 full feature software and driver for Windows 10 is available here. Before you install the printer software and driver, use the method below to remove the existing printer software and driver from your computer:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.)  Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once the printer software and driver is removed, install the HP Deskjet F4580 WIndows 10 printer software and driver.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.