Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-24-2021 09:56 AM
03-27-2021 01:26 PM
I'd like to help!
To better assist -
- Is the Fax cable connected to the printer?
- Is it connected to the LINE 1 PORT?
Meanwhile, Run a fax test report and share the results -
Run a fax test to make sure that the fax is set up correctly.
1. From the control panel, open the Setup menu.
2. Select the Self Diagnostics menu.
3. Select the Run Fax Test option. The printer prints a test report.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
And, Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
04-01-2021 01:26 PM
The fax cable is connected to the printer and it is in Line port 1.
It will not let me run a fax test. As soon as I click on anything having to do with fax, it immediately pops up and says "Fax Hardware is either missing or not seated."
04-02-2021 09:50 AM
As this is a hardware issue, I’d recommend you contact HP Phone Support in your region regarding service options for your printer.
Follow the instructions below to reach them:
1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6)Fill the web form and proceed further.
If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.
Hope this helps!