Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro 200 color MFP M2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the fax set to answer on the first ring. It does not answer at all. I tried to use a different electrical socket (direct in the wall). That did not help. I tried a conditioner for the power line. That did not help. I tried using the FAX/Tel setting. That did not help. My former fax machines and MFPs (Brother brand) had absolutely no problem with the fax.

What is wrong with the fax in my HP MFP? Thank you

Marty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@marty0015

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276 series printer. I read that the fax set to answer on the first ring and it does not answer it at all. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

Also, please review the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix fax related issues. The steps mentioned should work for unable to receive faxes. 

Hope this information helps. Let me know this pans out. Good luck! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@marty0015

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276 series printer. I read that the fax set to answer on the first ring and it does not answer it at all. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

Also, please review the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix fax related issues. The steps mentioned should work for unable to receive faxes. 

Hope this information helps. Let me know this pans out. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.