Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer

When I scan several pages of a book, I don't have time to turn the page and to put the book back on the window. The session is closed and the first scan has been sent to the computer.

Is there a way to have more time between two scans ? It worked well with the 8600.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @PuzzledOwner,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-In-One Printer, like many other multifunction printers, may have an automatic document feeder (ADF) or a flatbed scanner for scanning documents. It seems you're using the flatbed scanner to scan pages from a book, and you're experiencing a timeout issue where the scanner session is closed before you can turn the page and continue scanning.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

• Use the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder): If your printer has an ADF, it's designed for scanning multiple pages at once without manual intervention. You can place multiple pages in the feeder, and the scanner will automatically pull them through and scan each page in sequence.
  • Adjust Scan Settings: You may be able to adjust the scan settings in the printer's software on your computer. Look for an option to increase the scan timeout or change the scan mode to accommodate your scanning needs. The specific options and location may vary depending on the software you're using.
  • Scan in Batches: If you're using the flatbed scanner and can't find a way to adjust the timeout, you can scan in smaller batches. After each batch, save the scanned pages on your computer and then continue with the next batch. This way, you won't exceed the scanner's timeout limit.
  • Use Third-Party Scanning Software: Sometimes, using third-party scanning software can provide more flexibility and control over the scanning process. Software like VueScan or Adobe Acrobat may have advanced scanning settings that allow you to adjust timeouts and other parameters.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information. However:

1. ADF with a book is non operational
  2. Please precise which piece of HP software allows me to change the timeout for the operations on the scanner from the front panel
  3. With the present timeout setting, the batch is only one scan long ...
  4. Could you be more precise on the way to do (it is not obvious when I downloaded the two pieces of software)

Bypass : for those who may be interested in the book scanning : I used a laptop to make the scan together with the HP scan software and I use the "+" icon to add pages to the pages already scanned. There is no timeout there and I have plenty of time to turn the pages and put the book on the flat bed.

HP Recommended

Hi @PuzzledOwner,

Thank you for your response, 

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi !

I began there but I didn't reach anybody that knows about this product, OfficeJet pro HP 7740, and I spent a lot of time ... for nothing.

Where can I post the question to, in order to have a knowledgeable answer ?

HP Recommended

Hi @PuzzledOwner,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your Printer.

Kindly refer to the steps on this link and let me know if that fixes the issue.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.