Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP 6830
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I can suddenly no longer scan from either of our computers (both Mac), and at the same time the document feed has now stopped working.

I checked the document feed sensor and nothing mechanical seems to be amiss.

I've also restarted both computer and printer, as well as disconnected/reconnected the power supply on the printer for hard re-set.

It prints wirelessly just fine.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Rick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi again Dean,

I wanted to follow up with you to let you know what the ultimate solution was so that you can add it to your knowledge base.

I did try your suggestions, but unfortunately none worked.  I kept trying different things (some not seeming too logical) and in the end powered the machine down again and disconnected the power cord overnight. I felt strongly that this was far too early for this machine to just go belly up.

The next morning when I powered the machine back up, the display flashed with "C4EBA341" on the screen, and the machine was essentially now completely locked up on that display.

As the issue now was more about the machine itself and not various software on our computers, I then thought "what control would make sense for HP to use so someone could re-set the machine completely to default parameters".

With power connected and the above mentioned display showing, I pressed and held the power button until the warning went away and other indicator lights changed.

Voila!

It now prints, scans and copies as it did before.

I want to once again thank you for your supreme patience and for your focus in helping me sort through this.  Even though ultimately it ended up being "push buttons until something works", I felt valued as an HP customer by your swift and professional replies.

Thank you.

Rick

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try this:

From the Applications folder delete any existing HP Scan or HP Easy Scan app.
Delete HP Scan or HP Easy Scan by moving it to trash, then empty the trash.

Ensure the latest software is installed, use this link for your printer:

macOS X : HP Easy Scan

Also, make sure that your drivers are up to date

> Click on the Apple icon, select About this Mac and then press Software Update
>Click Store on the top menu bar, click Reload Page, click Update All if any updated are available.

Hope that helps!

macOS X drivers support
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04473034#Apple_ASU

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your very quick response.

Sorry to say we seem to not have made any progress.

When I try to drag and drop the HP and Easy Scan apps to trash from the Apps folder it doesn't work. They won't go to trash.

I tried reloading the HP drivers but that did not work either.

At this point the unit will not scan, period, in any mode. And the doc feed has also stopped working. 

Needless to say this is frustrating as I use this in my home office and am at a loss as to what to do beyond buying a whole new unit.

Thanks for the help.....any other guidance maybe?   🙂  I'm open to ideas and take instruction well.

Rick

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you try to do a copy job?

Does the scanner respond?

If it doesn't, it means the scanner is defective.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

The copy function works fine. 

Just no scanning and no document feed.

😞

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

Just seems awfully soon for this machine to be packing it in.  It's only about 18 months old.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you try Webscan?  This video example will show you how it's done:

macOS 10 12 Sierra: Enable and Use Webscan

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Thanks so much Dean for your help and very timely and informative responses.

Sadly I think this machine may be toast as far as scanning/copying goes.  Like a dork I responded earlier that it copies, however I realized that in fact it prints fine, which isn't copying.

It won't copy or scan and the document feed stopped working at the same time.

I think I'm in denial because I've previously had such long and trouble-free life from other HP products, and it may just be that this one has given up the ghost in terms of copy/scan capability -- from either of the computers that are linked with it.

I will try your most recent suggestion and let you know. Fingers crossed some magic can happen.

If not it may be time to either take it in to a shop for further diagnostic or get a new one.  (sigh)

Thanks again for your superb assistance.

Rick

HP Recommended

Hi again Dean,

I wanted to follow up with you to let you know what the ultimate solution was so that you can add it to your knowledge base.

I did try your suggestions, but unfortunately none worked.  I kept trying different things (some not seeming too logical) and in the end powered the machine down again and disconnected the power cord overnight. I felt strongly that this was far too early for this machine to just go belly up.

The next morning when I powered the machine back up, the display flashed with "C4EBA341" on the screen, and the machine was essentially now completely locked up on that display.

As the issue now was more about the machine itself and not various software on our computers, I then thought "what control would make sense for HP to use so someone could re-set the machine completely to default parameters".

With power connected and the above mentioned display showing, I pressed and held the power button until the warning went away and other indicator lights changed.

Voila!

It now prints, scans and copies as it did before.

I want to once again thank you for your supreme patience and for your focus in helping me sort through this.  Even though ultimately it ended up being "push buttons until something works", I felt valued as an HP customer by your swift and professional replies.

Thank you.

Rick

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.