Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
10-05-2022 03:40 PM
Product: HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I got a new desktop and I cannot figure out how to scan to my computer from the HP 7640. I installed the HP Smart App but it doesn't have any settings for "enable" scan to computer. My old laptop does have a fully functioning HP envy 7640 app including scan to computer. What am I missing?
1 REPLY 1
10-06-2022 08:37 AM
Welcome to the HP Community Forum.
At this writing, there is more than one software / application needed to provide access to all the printer features.
If you have not done so...
Install the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software
After the software is installed (and the system has been restarted)
Open the Printer Assistant > Scan > Manage Scan to Computer
Example - Installed Printer Software
Install a fresh copy of the Full Feature Software / Full Driver printer software
Restart the computer and log in
Printer Software - Full Feature Software / Full Driver printer software
Installation Package - Information and Download / Save
Easy Start can be used to install your printer software.
If you want to install the full driver printer software, choose the "Full Software and Drivers" option during the installation procedure.
Basic Instructions - Install the Full Feature Software / Full Driver printer software
- If the printer software is still / already installed, Uninstall the printer software from Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features > Restart the computer and log in – Reference Uninstall HP printer software and drivers
After the printer software is uninstalled, check that the printer is not still lurking in Devices and Printers.
If the printer is listed, Right-Click on the printer and "Remove" > Restart the computer and sign in.
- If using VPN, shut it off to install software. NOTE >> If you don’t know what this is, you are not using a VPN – ignore this part.
- Reminder: If using USB cable between printer and computer, disconnect the cable before installing software. Later... Connect the cable when instructed (near the end of the installation procedure).
- Observation: It is possible (assuming your Wireless Network is stable) that using a Wireless connection to install the printer software might work better than using an Ethernet Connection. Personal choice - the Wireless connection method is recommended when you face insurmountable issues installing the software.
- Download and Save the Full Feature Software installation package or the Easy Start Software
- Open File Explorer
- Navigate to the folder in which you saved the installation file (likely Downloads)
- Right-Click on the installation package and “Run as Administrator”
- After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in
If using Easy Start
- Skip any extra software / offers you do not want – Wording varies as does the number of times you have to “skip” or opt-out of various options.
- When asked, opt for "Full Software and Drivers" (exact wording might vary).
- If after the Full Software and Drivers option is selected, the installation terminates (suddenly stops and disappears – never comes back): Open your Downloads folder > Look for and Right-Click on the full Web installation package and “Run as Administrator”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Preparation > Check / enable the printer as the “Default Printer”
Settings > Devices > Printers and scanners
UNCHECK (clear box) Let Windows manage my default printer
Select (Left-Click) your printer from the list of printers > Manage > Set as Default
References / Resources
HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems
“Things that are your printer”
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community