Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Printer works well. 

Scanner was brilliant until recently.

I have reset printer. 

Same issue.

It will scan with other software but I like this program.

Any help would be so appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @WKatherine,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing a scan-related issue with your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist better:

• Was there any recent update on the printer?
  • What is the error message you get while you try to scan?
  • Which application are you trying to use?
  • Are you able to copy fine?

While you respond to that, you may try to Download and use HP Easy Scan for scanning  (Reference Video: Scan from an HP Printer in macOS )

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem: I can scan from everywhere on my HP Envy Pro 6420 except via HP Smart from macOS Big Sur (new laptop). I can from macOS Catalina via HP Smart (old laptop), I can from Android, macOS Image Scan, HP Easy Scan (but poor quality: scans have line streaks absent in the original pages).

Every time I attempt a scan from macOS Big Sur, I get that it can't connect to the printer's scanner, or the printer's scanner is unavailable.

Uninstalling/re-installing both HP Smart and the printer doesn't help. Nor it does resetting macOS' printing system or even factory resetting the printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.