Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for providing some alternate methods.  The printer’s firmware was already updated months ago.  Before going onto this forum, I rechecked it again.  

Now then, what do you mean by the Windows Scan option.  If you mean ChkDsk then I’ve already done this.  If there is some other scan about which you’re referring, please let me know what/how and I will give it a shot.

HP Recommended

As mentioned earlier, try this method of scanning:

• HP Scan and Capture app (Windows 10, 😎: Scan documents or photos from the printer or webcam. A full feature print driver must be installed on the computer. For more information, go to Using the HP Scan and Capture App (Windows 8 and 10).

• Windows Scan app (Windows 10, 😎: Search the Microsoft Store for windows scan to find and install this app.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I must admit, I thought the app to which you were referring was the Print Smart program.  Okay, so I installed the app that you mentioned from the Microsoft store.  Here's the funny part.  When I use it, it moves the scanner (I can hear the printer scan pad moving) and then it throws an error message: General Failure.  This is the case with either the feeder or scanning directly from the glass.  I did about 8 tries with this app and even rebooted to see if that would help.  It did work one of those times then and got two scans in (using direct to glass) before failing again.  For the most part, the app seems to keep losing the printer.  Please let know what else you have.  What seems to be happening is that the computer recognizes the printer and then drops the recognition in mid use.  I'm not sure how to address that beyond assigning a static IP.  Even that did not work. 

HP Recommended

Are you able to make a copy?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes.  When working directly from the printer and its control screen, I can make copies in color and in black and white.  I can also control the scanner although the output does not go to the computer. 

HP Recommended

Let's create a local account: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

Install the full feature software drivers on that and check if you're able to scan.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.