Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet 9020

Sione Update two days ago the software crash when starting on iMac 5K, 2020 with Sonoma 14.3.1.

Any ideas?

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi @Werderfan1899,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

If HP Easy Scan is crashing on your Mac after updating to version 2.0 and you're using macOS 14.3.1, you can try the following steps to resolve the issue:

Check for Updates: Ensure that you have the latest version of HP Easy Scan installed. Open the App Store, go to the "Updates" tab, and check for any updates for HP Easy Scan. If an update is available, install it and see if it resolves the crashing issue.

Restart Your Mac: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve software issues. Restart your Mac and then try using HP Easy Scan again to see if the problem is resolved.

Reset HP Easy Scan Preferences: If HP Easy Scan continues to crash, you can try resetting its preferences. To do this, open Finder, go to the "Go" menu, and select "Go to Folder." Enter the following path and press Enter:

Look for the file named "com.hp.HP-Easy-Scan.plist" and move it to the Trash. Then, restart HP Easy Scan and see if the issue is resolved.

Reinstall HP Easy Scan: If resetting preferences does not resolve the issue, you can try reinstalling HP Easy Scan. To do this, delete the HP Easy Scan app from your Applications folder, download the latest version from the HP website, and reinstall it. If you do not find the option, this printer is not compatible with Mac 14.3.1

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the crashing issue with HP Easy Scan on your Mac.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I have tried all these procedures, but still HP Easy Scan crash when start.

HP Recommended

Thanx @Elohi_NR

Problem with HP Easy Scan on 14.3.1 Sonoma 14.3.1 (23D60) still exists.
Didn't find com.hp.HP-Easy-Scan.plist at Library/preferences folder

I also reinstalled HP Easy Scan. (Deleted, rebooted, reinstalled) 

still crashes.

Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Hi @grobi2010,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it seems that the issue persists even after attempting the troubleshooting steps mentioned above.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

This might require one-on-one interaction to fix the issue via remote assistance. 

I request you talk to HP Phone Support and they will help you to sort it out as it requires advance support or repair.

1. Click on this link -  https://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Select the country.

3. Enter the serial number of your device.

4. Select the country from the drop-down.

5. Click on "Show Options".

6. Fill out the web form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

You can reach out at HP Customer Support no:

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Rachel, 

following the steps you provide, there is no "web-form" to fill out,

It's a 9020 out of warranty, IDTH97P46099, does this change the support options?

Best regards, Kay

HP Recommended

Hi, I had contact withnHP Support. They told me, that there is no actual driver for the 9020 ( the printer is about 3 years old).

I believe, that the Easy Scan 2.0 is not compatible with MAC Sonoma and 9020. 
I asked the support for downloading the old vrsion of HP Easy scan, but they cut off the conversation .....

Bad experience with HP Support and product.

HP Recommended

Lots and lots of people with the same problem on Apple Store. I hope HP will react!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem...scanner will scan but unable to save the document, crashes every time!  Called HP today, they wanted to charge me for tech support (my printer is out of warranty)...told the Tech, not paying for Tech support when I know the problem is their software update !  Everything worked fine until I updated the APP 3 days ago !   I can work around it for now by using the HP Smart App...but the HP Easy Scan was just what it said... Easy !  Very disappointed with HP...hope they fix it !

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.