Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500 series

I have spent the WHOLE day trying to get the printer to function...my attempt to resolve the message: stuck on printing alignment page...  I have uninstalled, reinstalled the printer. I have unplugged the printer, removed the cartridges, etc.  I have attempted the HP Print and Scan doctor.  NOTHING works! If this is a known error, how about a button that lets you bypass this message and use the all-in-one as it was designed.  I cannot scan or anything because it views the printer as "in use." 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi drtgrbr,

I believe that the problem is within the ink cartridge.

Basically, the printer will initiate the printer alignment process with the help of the ink cartridges. The process allows your ink cartridges to be calibrated with the documents that you wanted to print. So, if the alignment process does not finish, then chances are there is a problem with either the black or the tri color cartridge of your printer and not with the hardware.

Try replacing one of the cartridges bro and you could try to identify the cartridge that has the problem by setting up the printer via SINGLE CARTRIDGE MODE. As the name implies, you will remove either one of the cartridges and the printer should ask you if you want to use it that way.

Good luck bro!

HP Recommended
I had the problem on my HP envy 4500 of printing alignment page on my screen with no way to cancel I saw one one of the forum pages where someone had their printer fall off a shelve and another one who slammed his on the countertop both started working again so I thought what the heck I slammed it on the carpeted floor and guess what it now works sounds crazy but it worked for me
HP Recommended

That worked for me too!  After trying all the posted fixes, nothing helped; read yours and picked it up and slammed it down and now it works perfectly.  Thank you!

HP Recommended

OK, so I got the Envy 4500 in Oct. In Dec. in was frozed on "printing allinement". After hours of trying a fix, I boxed it up & just went and got another. Its now May. I thought maybe I'd set it back up to see what happens. Still, seems to be stuck on "printing alinement page".

I was reading threw some fixes and came across the idea of dropping it on the floor. After all, whats to loose?

IT NOW WORKS !!! Crazy as it sounds.

JR-57, Thanx for the crazy suggestion !!

HP Recommended

I had about given up and was thinking of geting a new printer until I saw this.  So, I lifted the printer a couple of inches and dropped in back onto the desk.  Then, I reinstalled the ink cartridges and reconnected the printer and, lo and behold, it acted normally again.  Fixing the printer only by jarring it a little suggests, of course, that something had become disconnecte and that the jarring reconnected it again.

HP Recommended

As noted in all the other posts, I too had done everything I could think of and not one attempt worked.  Since I had already accepted the fact I was going to replace the printer, I said "Self, what do you have to loose by dropping it?"  So ...... I gingerly picked it up maybe two inches and dropped it, nothing.  So I picked it up again and dropped it from maybe a foot off the floor.  It is working perfectly!!  How wierd it felt doing this, let alone it working!!!  Thanks for this CRAZY suggestion.

HP Recommended

Crazy, huh? 

Been about 6 weeks since I dropped mine & it's still going great !!

This sure is a fun story to tell people.

Fonzy was on to something.

HP Recommended

I cannot believe it... Thank you so much!!! After an entire afternoon trying to fix that **bleep** alignment page on a friend's ENVY 4500 printer (where scanning didn't worked anymore) I tryied the method (I had nothing to loose... was about buying a new printer): I lifted the printer a half foot off the desk and let it fall down. All watched me like "are you crazy???". Then... alignment page printed, all right, scanner is working correctly!

Incredible!!!

Thank you for telling a method that I could never think about trying by myself!!!

HP Recommended

Had the same problem.  Worked on it all day and still didn't work.  Tried the slamming trick & it worked!!!!!!!  Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.