Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I saw a similar thread for a 9015 Printer I think it was, I"m trying to scan Baseball Cards on my HP 7010 OfficeJet and every scan I do it prety bad...blurry, looks pixalated to some degree.  I've changed scan Resolution form 75 to 600 (Same quality), scanned wioth cover open and closed (Same qualuty), scaned as a Document (pdf) and picture (JPG) and all the same.  My very old HP 7310 scanned PERFECTLY for about 8 years, I upgraded to this and basically cannot use the scan feature.

I"ve cleaned the scanner, reset printer, unplugged and plugged in, and all tyhe silly other troubleshooting steps fomr the previous thread and all is the same.  Either the scanber sucks really bad or the software that came with it is the issue?  (I'll attach a pic of the scanner software)..  Maybe there's better software?

HP Scan.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try right-click the scan shortcut and select Restore Defaults and check if you may see any difference then, any such may occur as a result of file compression setting changes.

If that does not help, in order to ensure the hardware functionality, do you get the expected results when making a color copy of the same?

Assuming you do, also ensure the USB is directly connected to a back port of your PC, not longer than 2 meters long and not connected via any USB hub or extension.

I would also suggest trying another USB cable to deny any cable malfunction.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I dont have the option to "Restore Defaults" not sure if that's because I'm using Windows 11?

I did a copy, it copied and printed it and it's hard to day if that quality is any better. for a print it was OK but I usually scan to file but dont print.  I did not see a way to copy to a file?  (I did this on the LCD of the printer, I dont see a copy option within the software package.  I did scan a document ujsing the feeder and it was low quality, but my main purpose os to scan baseball cards off the glass.  The scan is sooo fast, maybe toio fast causing blurry type images?

I verified the USB cable is connected directoy to PC (Even changed ports on the PC and same scan quality).  I dont seem to have another USB Type B cable close by, I'll have to go diggingh to see if I have one. But, since I can print documents and pictures from Windows and they are GREAT quality, would that not eliminate the possibility of a defective USB Cable?

Screenshot 2023-05-27 174055.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.