Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet All In One 9025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Let me start by saying that I have never owned anything but HP printers.  They have always worked great for me.  It is always been a set it up and forget it type situation; never having an issue with scanning, printing, copying.  Fast forward to this gem called the OfficeJet all in one 9025.  I am seriously ready to throw this thing out the window.  I have done a factory reset and started all over,  I use the HP Smart and I have used the scan and print doctor tool just so you already know that I have tried everything I know to try.

1.  The only way I can print from my HP Pavillion laptop (brand new and has HP Smart installed) is to go up to my office and connect the printer in my office with a USB cable.  When I try to print wirelessly ( and yes, my laptop is on the same wifi network as my printer) I click print, choose the printer from the dropdown and nothing.  It tells me the printer is offline.  There is also mysteriously now 2 or 3 versions of the same printer that shows up in the dropdown...one has a (copy 1) behind the name, another has PCL behind the name.  So frustrating..  So wifi printing is essentially worthless to me from my laptop.  Works fine printing to is from my iphone however.

2.  Scan to Computer - this is a feature that I have always used often and it has always worked flawlessly..  Until the 9025 found its way to my home.  Doesnt work at all.  On my printer panel, it shows the computer names of both of my computers (both of which are HP by the way so even more puzzling as you would think having all HP products would create better synergies, compatibilities and ease of set up)  I can click on one of the computers as the destination for the scan  and click start scan and it spools for a min and then pops an error that says one of these things is the problem

-connection to computer has been lost 

-scan application is busy (not the case)

-scan feature is disabled and to contacgt the administrator I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR!!! ( when i go to webscan in settings under "scan to computer" it gives me an error that says its disabled with no option to enable it, yet I have never disabled it and I am the only one with access to settings for this printer which I bought brand new)

To further add insult to injury, I ran the scan print doctor from my laptop which is the newest of the computers in my house.  Said I needed to update the software.  That failed as well.  

At this point I do not know if it is the HP laptop or the HP Printer that is the problem but I am beyond frustrated with the constant issues with HP products these days.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or I will be looking for a non HP Printer.  I work from home and CANNOT have these disruptions to my work day any longer.

_

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Many HP products now come with some features disabled as a default security thing. Some devices now require you to create a password for the embedded web server before you are able to turn these functions. Under tools or settings look for security and setup a password, then under security look for administration and you will find a whole list of options that you can enable or disable.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Many HP products now come with some features disabled as a default security thing. Some devices now require you to create a password for the embedded web server before you are able to turn these functions. Under tools or settings look for security and setup a password, then under security look for administration and you will find a whole list of options that you can enable or disable.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.