Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7720

Hello I trying resting my printer but my scanner is not finding my Mac. When i first purchased the printer, everything was working well. But not my scanner can’t find my Mac when i try to store the item in my Mac. Need help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @SteveTNMB 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing connectivity issues with HP Printer.

I suggest you reinstall the driver and connect the printer to check if that fixes the issue.

You can follow the steps under this link to uninstall.

Furthermore, you can reinstall using HP Smart App from this link.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @SteveTNMB 

I suggest you reinstall the driver and connect the printer to check if that fixes the issue.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my OfficeJet Pro 9015 and I have tried that a couple of times with no success. Now, if I select the scan feature I get a message "Find the open browser and sign into your HP account. Note: The window might be behind another open browser or minimized". I sign into my account but that window never closes and I am unable to access the app home page, which is behind that message. The message window just stays open and the blue circle goes round and round and round. This seems to have all started after HP updated the software that now prevents the use of non-HP ink cartridges. 

HP Recommended

Hi @SteveTNMB 

Kindly refer to the steps on this link to connect via Airprint and let me know if that fixes the issue.

I hope this helps.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

For at least the past decade I have used a Mac and HP Printers. I have never had an issue with scanning. Now, with the new HP Smart interface NOTHING works. I don't really want some solution to try this or go get this app. I have never had to do anything before but get the HP Printer out of the box, turn it on, install the software and I was good to go - print, scan, whatever. This new interface is terrible. If you hit the printer scan it says to sign it, even though I am already signed in.  It is like an endless circle, sign in, open HP Smart, sign in, open HP Smart. I don't know what your software "geniuses" did to the smart app but it sure didn't make it better. It is useless. Now, I have a brand new HP printer that I can't even use the scanner function which is why I BOUGHT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I'm sure you will give me some kind of advice to try. I don't want that. Just send me a new printer that will work or give me a link to the old SmartAp so I can use my printer! Or a voucher so I can go buy some other brand of printer that I can use!

Am I irritated? Yeah, just a little. It has taken a lot of self-control to keep this even close to civil. 

HP Recommended

Hi @DrDuane53 

I hope this helps.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.