Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

As with others, I am having the same issue: My HP Officejet Pro 8600 reads "Copy cancelled" when I try to copy a document on the unit. Could you also send me the reset/solution? Thanks!

HP Recommended

tctaylor: Did you get a response? If so, could you share the info on how to fix this? I'm having the same problem with my printer -- reads copy cancelled when I try to print a document on the unit.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Please post your solution for all to see. It is not nice to mark this question as "SOLVED" when no solution is visible to the public. I have the same issue, and it's very annoying to see a solved solution where in fact there is no solution at all. HP, why do you care to maintain this message board on the open internet, for all to see, if you keep your replies private? What's the point?

HP Recommended

I am having the same "copy cancelled" issue when trying to copy on my HP Officeject Pro 8600.  I have tried a hard reset and my printer is plugged directly into a wall oulet.  Please send me the solution to my inbox.  Thank you in advance!

HP Recommended

Hello @gcamp and welcome to the HP Forums!

Please understand that when anyone sends a private message to another Forums user, we are not sending some secret solution that we aren't willing to share with anyone else. Private messages are used for a number of reasons, one of which is sending sensitive information. This information is sent on a case by case basis, and we are always happy to share if said information is helpful to your situation Smiley Happy

With that being said, before sending you a reset to try, please ensure that your printer's firmware is fully up to date. If once it's up to date (or it already was) the problem persists, let me know and I would be happy to send you a reset in a private message.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

How can I get the solution for this same issue?

HP Recommended

Hi @Wavenet,

Have you tried the two suggestion in my post here: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus will not copy even after hard reset?

If not, please do. If you have though, let me know and I can get you a reset 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I cannot copy from the printer, but if I send a file to print it works fine.  I have tried unplugging (overnight), I have tried a semi hard reset.  Still, everytime I try a color or black copy I get a grey lined full page print of nothing.

please help.

TJ

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply TJ!

Didn't see the answers to these two questions so I'll have to ask again 🙂

Is there any difference if the printer is plugged directly to a wall outlet? If it's already in a wall outlet, please try a different one.

Is the firmware up to date on the printer? If not, please update it.

Let me know!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

My 86  printer will print from the computer but will not copy, fax or scan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.