Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Pagewide Pro MFP 477dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my company just provided my office with a brand new HP Pagewide Pro MFP 477dw, and I just installed on 3 machines about a week ago...and now all of a sudden the scanner randomly won't scan to any of the computers, but it prints just fine.  it almost seems like a TWAIN driver is no good?  I just updated to the latest firmware (MAVEDWPP1N001.2127A.00).  this was the reason why I replaced my year old HP Pagewide Pro MFP 477dw...thinking that the printer went bad.  now it seems as if it's the drivers that are no good. 

the machine is hooked up to our wifi...and I've also tried it hardwired into the router.

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with 2  Page Wide pro 477dw. After firmware up grade to 

MAVEDWPP1N001.2127A.00    scan to mail is not working. 

HP Recommended

In our company, in 100 of those printers 27 of them have updated to that version of firmware and Sacn to e-mail stopped working.

daniel_casq_0-1627646280391.png

on "From:" is missing our sending e-mail, and is showing "debug_msg".

If I enter on WBS and test the setting I receive the e-mail, but on the screen panel, have that error and don't scan.

It's not a driver issue, is a firmware issue.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue with @Daniel_casq. With the firmware update to the 2127A, scan to e-mail feature is broken with an invalid string in the From: section as "debug_msg".

A workaround: If the same account is defined in under Outgoing E-Mail Profiles, it still works. But this time, the user has to choose a 'From' account from the device's display.

HP Recommended

@denizlrde thank you, it works!

It's another step for the users, but  with that i don't need to go locally to all the printers location to manually downgrade the FW version.

Let's hope that HP fix that quickly.

HP Recommended

We're seeing this too.  Firmware's internal date is 7/1 but looks like it was just posted on 7/27 (last week).  Wonder if I can downgrade...

HP Recommended

I'm also seeing this "debug_msg" issue on 9 Pagewide 477dw machines in my network. I am working around it with Outgoing Profiles as mentioned above. I did call HP to report the issue, and the rep said that he would raise the issue to the "backend team" so I'm unclear if he was placating me or if they really have a mechanism for support to contact the firmware developers. I did link to this forum post in my case. Best luck to everyone, and please update here if anyone has a better workaround that Outgoing Profiles.

HP Recommended

Just wanted to add we have seen this issue now at 7 different customers, all with HP 477dw printers.

Please HP can we have a fix ASAP

HP Recommended

Downgrading with the USB did fix it in our case.  Obviously not ideal and requires being physically at the machine, but at least scan to email works again.

HP Recommended

Where can i find previous versions of firmware for download?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.