Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Make and model of your Gateway or router?   A Gateway is a modem+router combo unit.

HP Recommended

So I take it that that wasn't helpful then?

It would be useful to know where to look given there is a lot of stuff in there.  I'm not an IT expert but I'm trying to get you what you are asking for.  I'd be grateful for a little guidance.

HP Recommended

Well you should be able to type in the gateway IP into your browser and connect.

Will ask for username and password.   Might be admin/admin, admin/blank, whatever... that info is in the User Guide for the router.

HP Recommended

Getting into the Router is fine.  That's where I got the screen shot I sent you from previously.  I am trying to understand where in the Router to look hence my questions.  Here is a screen shot of the currnet LAN settings in the Router.

Capture2.JPG

HP Recommended

Got to be way more info than that.  Have to have more tabs somewhere.   Need the DHCP server settings...

HP Recommended

Here are my settings...

dhcpsettings.jpg

HP Recommended

Found it!  Hadn't noticed that the router was in Basic mode so lots of the settings were hidden.  Here you go

Capture4.JPG

HP Recommended

There you go!  You have NO static IP space in your router.  All addresses are DHCP.

Change your start to 192.168.20.100

Change your end to 192.168.20.150

Change your static IP in the printer to 192.168.20.10  As you can see this is now OUTSIDE the DHCP window of the router.

Your DHCP address are now .100 thru .150.   50 DHCP address available... plenty.

Static IPs.  .2 thru .99 and .151 thru 254.  Plenty.

Remember the router is at .1 (192.168.20.1)

Now do the rest...

HP Recommended

OK before I do anything, I just want to ask some quick questions ...

Why does it work with the current printer settings set to that IP address I gave you earlier that is static (or so I'm told).

Will what you suggest above make the printer AND the scanner work?

Also by "Now do the rest ..." what are you referring to?

HP Recommended

@RNZALRwrote:

OK before I do anything, I just want to ask some quick questions ...

Why does it work with the current printer settings set to that IP address I gave you earlier that is static (or so I'm told).

Putting a static IP inside the DHCP window of the router is against Networking 101 rules, but works so it doesn't crash your network.   But should never be done.

Will what you suggest above make the printer AND the scanner work?

They are both one in the same.  Not sure yet...hope so...

Also by "Now do the rest ..." what are you referring to?

Go back to Message number 2 and continue or start over.

Not sure what is wrong yet, just trying to get you back to a standard.  

Once this is set up you may have to go back and deinstall all software and drivers.  Then reinstall.   The worst thing is what I haven't told you...

However if you have a Gateway (modem+router) device, all Gateway devices are terrible for wireless connectivity.   If it works, it works.  If it doesn't suggest you think about putting that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high quality router that YOU have full control over. 

It may just be your new Gateway device.  

What bothers me is your IT support person should know about static IPs outside the DHCP addressing of routers. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.