Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ScanJet Pro 2500 f1 Flatbed Scanner
Microsoft Windows 11

The only one driver for win11 dont work anymore. Support cant help - we should wait for an update from HP or Microsoft...

The old solutions are now currently.

1. Power on Scanner and then power on computer

or

2. Deinstall Scanner in Devicemanager and search for new devices

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I posted about this same issue in December. When a new driver was published in March I thought a solution was at hand, but it proved not to be the case. 

[Content Removed]

The problem does appear to be to do with the WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) service but I’m not sufficiently expert to offer an explanation. 

HP Recommended

Has anyone on this board succeeded in getting this scanner to work properly with Windows 11, please?  A solution to this issue would be very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Same issue Here. For now, waiting for HP to solve this problem, Restart the WIA without restarting the computer.

HP please help !

HP Recommended

I downloaded and installed new driver & software.  I went into services and found "Windows Image Acquisition" and restarted that.  It works now.  I have had to go into services and do the same thing after my computer has slept.  But at least I can get it to work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.