Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue.

I have installed and configured a new printer today (HP OfficeJet Pro 9730e).

I launched HP Easy Scan app (version 1.10.0) which worked fine, but as my printer is very recent, I thought it would be better to use the updated version of HP Easy Scan (version 2.0.0).

Unfortunately this new version is crashing when starting !!!

Where could I download a copy of version 1.10.0 ? (the AppStore only provides the latest version)

HP Recommended

Cela ne résout pas le problème, mais voici une solution temporaire sur Mac: 

 / Réglage système / imprimantes et scanner / (sélectionner votre imprimante) / ouvrir le scanner. 

La qualité est moins bonne qu'avec l'app Easy Scan, mais ça fait le taff en attendant que les ingénieurs d'HP rentrent de vancance. 

Bonne journée. 

Translation: 

This doesn't fix the problem, but here's a temporary solution on Mac:

 / System settings / printers and scanner / (select your printer) / open the scanner.

The quality is less good than with the Easy Scan app, but it does the job while waiting for the HP engineers back from hollidays.

Good day.

HP Recommended

J'ai aussi le message d'erreur "HP Easy Scan a quitté de manière imprévue."

Je confirme que l'app HP easy scan est pour moi meilleure que HP smart pour scanner.

Notamment l'outil de rotation au dixième de degré qui n'existe pas sur HP smart ni sur l'outil scanner de mac os system.

J'espère que HP va résoudre le problème que HP easy scan remarchera bientot.

Si vous avez un autre logiciel qui integre une fonction rotation au dix!ème de degré, je suis preneur.

HP Recommended

Where can I have HP easy scan 1.10?  I don't find it!

HP Recommended

The WebSite FileHippo show a possible downloading of 1.10 vers.

See this link.

https://filehippo.com/fr/mac/download_hp-easy-scan/

If Not OK I shall try to purpose a downloading of my app.

Best regard.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Well, FFLT, it keeps opening the Apple App download page, which turns out to be the 2.0 version.

Tu l'auras compris, quel que soit le lien 1.10 ouvert, ca renvoie à la version 2.0 de l'app...

Et chaque fois que je lance la nouvelle app téléchargée elle plante à l'ouverture...

Retour à la case depart / back to square one

HP Recommended

HP easy scan ne fonctionne plus chez moi et je ne suis pas arrivée à avoir la version 1.10. Donc je ne l’utilise plus et j’utilise l’application « Transfert d’images » qui s’ouvre avec moins de manipulations que Préférences Système etc…. On ouvre Transfert d’images et on sélectionne l’imprimante et on a l’interface du scanner. Il y a parmi les réglages la possibilité de régler l’angle de rotation.

HP Recommended

OK, so no one wants to help us.
How did I do it?
I deleted the "HP Easy Scan" folder in the applications list.
I took this same folder which is in V10.1 on another MacOs disk and I copied it into the list of applications of my operational MacOs.
I loaded the file in V10.1 on a cloud.
You can download the file with this link and see if it works.

https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZsGM9ZCXkEb24O7c4fdKD8rmMwjb3xtwFX

Good luck

French:

OK, alors personne ne veut nous aider.
Comment J'ai fait?
J'ai supprimé le dossier " HP Easy Scan " dans la liste des applications.
J'ai pris ce même dossier qui est en V10.1 sur un autre disque MacOs et je l'ai copié dans la liste des applications de mon MacOs opérationnel.
J'ai chargé le dossier en V10.1 sur un cloud.
Tu peux télécharger le dossier avec ce lien et tu verras si ça fonctionne.

https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZsGM9ZCXkEb24O7c4fdKD8rmMwjb3xtwFX

Bonne chance

HP Recommended

Merci pour l'aide! Non, cela ne marche pas: j'ai téléchargé le fichier, dézippé. J'ai mis le nouveau fichier dans le dossier Applications, et quand je l'ai ouvert,  j'ai eu un message d'erreur :

« HP Easy Scan.app » est endommagé et ne peut pas être ouvert. Vous devriez placer cet élément dans la Corbeille."

Merci d'avoir essayé!

THANKS! No, it doesn't work: I downloaded the file, unzipped it. I put the new file in the Applications folder, and when I opened it, I got an error message:

“HP Easy Scan.app” is damaged and cannot be opened. You should move this item to the Trash."

Thank you for trying!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.