cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP officeJet Pro 7740 scan to computer using Raspbian (Raspberry PI)

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 7740
Other

Hello,

I have my OfficeJet Pro printer on my hime network. I am using "Scan to Computer"  option directly on the printer panel and I am able to automatically scan to a folder on my Windows 10 laptop.

However, I have set up a raspberry pi (using Raspbian) on the same network and would prefer that the "Scan to computer" is enable to scan to a destination folder on the raspberry pi (alternatively on a network folder).

For some reason, the help and posts on this topics seems very mysterious and I have not been able to resolve this.

Could anyone help?

For the sake of clarity: I can scan if I am scanning from my raspberry... what I like it to only click on the printer and that the scan goes into a folder on the raspberry pi.

Thanks a million

1 REPLY 1
Level 17
Level 17
30,307 30,023 5,184 12,010
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Front panel scanning is supported on Windows and mac computers.

As much as I can see from the documentation, scanning can only be initiated from the computer software:

Spoiler

3 Scan supported means that PC initiated scan using a SANE compatible software application is supported over parallel, USB, or network (depending on I/O connection). Information on digital sending products is covered in note 9, below.

https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/supported_devices/index#note3

I suggest verifying by creating a support ticket in HPLIP and verify this information, this is the best place to verify regarding HPLIP's capabilities and options:

https://launchpad.net/hplip/+addquestion

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation