Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank 61
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

'just purchased the HP Smart Tank 615. I installed the HP Smart software. I am able to scan using the software on my computer to initiate the scan. I am NOT able to scan from the device (the Smart Tank 615).  I tried deleting then adding the printer using the Apple System Preferences. I unplugged and plugged back in, and restarted the Mac, and updated all the software. 

It's rather puzzling. 

Here's a video which goes over some of what I am going through. 

video overview 

Thanks for any advice.

Andy

btw. i have been using computers for 40 years, and macs for 36 years. I am usually pretty capable of managing peripherals. I have also consulted for Amazon and Microsoft on interfaces and, well, the HP software in this case could be more intuitive....

This is "HP Smart Tank 615 how to?" by andyhasse on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ayahuasca

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Enabling Scan to computer using HP Utility may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

1.) On your Mac, click Finder, click Applications, click the Hewlett-Packard or HP folder, then double-click HP Utility. (If HP Utility is not available, download and install the printer essential software from here

2.) Under Scan Settings, click Scan to Computer, then make sure the Enable Scan to Computer check box is selected.

https://lithium-response-prod.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/hpcsc.response.lithium.com/RESPONSEIMAGE/946f6e5f-68db-4b93-a3ad-831e2c463488.default.png

3.) Try to scan.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for responding. I have tried several times to download the  HP Utility  from that link and the connection keeps quitting. Do you have another link?

HP Recommended

You'll get it here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-smart-tank-610-wireless-all-in-one-series/186959...

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.