Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 4645
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP DeskJet 4645 connected to HP Spectre laptop, in which I had to re-install windows 10 recently 

Until the windows re-installation, I was able to double-side scan documents using a scanning app, but after that, HP Smart software doesn't show the option for double-sided scanning

I'm not sure if I was scanning before with HP Smart or 3rd part scanning software.

Is there a way or a software to double-side scanning, using HP 4645?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I called HP Support, Payed 58 NIS and they solved the problem.

Thank you @ShlomiL!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer supports automatic duplex printing only, not duplex scanning.

A such can only be done manually from HP Scan by installing the full feature software.

If you only have HP Smart, be sure to install the HP Scan software:

https://www.hpsmart.com/us/en

Once completing the installation open the HP Deskjet 4640 software and click on Scan a Document or Photo, look there or under Advanced Settings for a manual duplex scan option, you will be prompt to reload the other side of the originals and the software will re-arrange it.

As the software version is quite older, I'm not sure if its original software version include any such option, if you cannot see it install then the HP Scan Extended software to scan:

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

You may scan both sides using HP Scan Extended as listed be below video resource, open the HP Scan Extended software which have the same layout as shown by the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drV-FlTXJMU

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you ShlomiL 

I tried your suggestion:

1. I installed HP Scan software, but there is no "Advanced Settings" option - see below

2. I installed HP Scan. I had No problem in the installation, but when tried to open the app, I got the screen below with big "X" and "OK". (Does it because my printer is DeskJet 4645 and not OfficeJet 5230 etc., as showen in the video?)

Anyway, still can't double-sided scan with my DeskJet 4645. 

I know that is possible because I did so until windows factory reset 3 days ago.HP Smart - Screen.pngScreenshot 2021-09-03 182326.png

HP Recommended

Hi,

Your first screenshot is of HP Smart, not of the HP Full Feature Software as suggested.

Have you installed below software with a successful results?

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL49514/mp-120052-5/DJ4640_188.exe

You should see an HP Deskjet 4640 icon on your desktop if the software is installed, clicking it should open the HP Printer Assistant Software.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks!

I removed everything about the printer, restart the laptop and installed the file you send me.

I got a massage that the installation finish (see attached), but there is No printer icon at my desktop and when I'm going to Printers&Scanners, there is no HP 4640 printer there (see). 

Do I need to install something other then the file you send me? ( I didn't installed HP Smart and other driver/software other then the link) 

Thank you for you help

Screenshot_20210904-121448_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210904-121418_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210904-121431_Gallery.jpg

HP Recommended

I called HP Support, Payed 58 NIS and they solved the problem.

Thank you @ShlomiL!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.