Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5640 e-All-in-One Printer

Hi all.

My printer is set to scan and does so either to a memory card or direct to my mac which is no problems.

However when I want scan direct to an email is states no proxy server can be found or port etc, it also goes on the ask for passwords.

how to I find all this information and which proxy server details does it need, which passwords are needed.

thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@mark223

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that scan the scan to email is not working, I am glad to assist you.

Please try the steps mentioned below.

1. Select Web Services on the front panel., then Settings.
2. Select 'remove web services' and wait for the services to be eliminated.
3. Once this is complete, you will return to the home page.
4. Select the Web Services icon on the printer and go through the steps to setup Web Services once again.
5. You will be provided a more recent code. Later on, you can utilize this code to add the printer to your eprintcenter.com/ hpconnected.com account utilizing this code.
6. You may or may not be required to create a different email address.
7. Try another scan to email utilizing the app.

Keep me posted.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers. 

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sandytechy20.

Thank you for your reply.

Iam still at a loss before I start doing anything.

Have always been able to scan to my apple.Just tested

Have also been able print from computer. Just tested

Have also been able to bring from my mobile phone.

What is confusing me even more is that the hp account says unable to connect to printer to update smart ink.

HP Recommended

Sandytechy20

Just followed your guidance  and merged to get to step 4.

then got the following error messages Set up unsuccessful

NOte Hp Instant Ink will not work properly unless web services is setup

also DNS?Gateway Problem

The printer could not connect to the server

Contact your admin or the person who set up the printer Touch Print report to diagnose the problem.

When doing any printing from the mac I get the following error message: HP Instant INk

Connect printer to update Instant Ink Status.

Connect or Ok

If i sect Ok then the printer prints which is good

If I select  connect   the document also prints

then gives me the following message:

HP eprint

With print you can safely and easily print documents or photos from computer/mobile device etc

option set up

upon clicking set up

accept or decline terms of use

clicked accept

now going to setting up web services again

After  a while of trying it then goes back to the error  DNS/ Gateway  as describe above

So Iam totally at a loss what to do

HP Recommended

@mark223

Follow the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- click here

Keep me posted.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.