Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-12-2023 06:12 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
There could be several reasons why you are encountering a problem when trying to send a fax with your HP ENVY Pro 6400. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try.
- Check your phone line: Make sure that your phone line is properly connected to the printer and that it is not damaged. You can also try connecting a phone to the same line to see if there is any dial tone.
- Check the fax settings: Make sure that you have set up the fax correctly by entering the correct fax number, country/region code, and other relevant settings. You may want to refer to the printer's manual or HP's online support for guidance.
- Check for firmware updates: Make sure that your printer is running on the latest firmware version. You can check for updates by visiting the HP website or using the HP Smart app.
- Disable ECM: Try disabling the Error Correction Mode (ECM) in the fax settings. This can help if you are experiencing issues with sending or receiving faxes.
- Test with a different fax machine: Try sending a fax to a different fax machine to see if the issue persists. This can help identify if the problem is with your printer or the recipient's fax machine.
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community