Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw
Other

Please I'm not able to send scanned files on my email account.

I've tried to solve it editing few times the configuration information of my SMTP Provider.

I've tried to change as well among the few accounts of different Service providers where I'm registered, but nothing...

Still same message from the printer when I run the test of the send mail on the web interface of HP: 

Could not resolve the
SMTP server.
Check the settings
SMTP and DNS with
the system administrator
or the ISP.

Could please, someone, help me, the information of the SMTP account of the Service Provider are right, believe me!

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi @Adrian58,

I'd like to help!

To assist better-

1.) Are you trying to perform scan to email from the printer's control panel or from your computer?

2.) Who is the Email provider?

3.) Is your Email account configured in the mail account?

4.) Is your printer connected to the Web-Services?

5.) Are you able to login via web mail? Make sure you don’t use autofill password in web browser.

6.) Is there a 2-factor authentication setup?

7.) Did you recently change the password?

Reconfigure scan to email-

Step 1 Setup Scan to Email -

1.) Click Start, and then click Programs.

2.) Click HP, click the name of the printer, and then click Scan to Email Wizard.

3.) In the Outgoing Email Profiles dialog, click the New button. The Scan to Email Setup dialog opens.

4.) On the 1. Start page, enter the sender's email address in the Email Address field.

5.) In the Display Name field, enter the sender's name. This is the name that will display on the printer control panel.

6.) To require a PIN to be entered on the printer control panel before the printer can send an email, enter a 4-digit PIN in the Security PIN field, and then re-enter the PIN in the Confirm Security PIN field, and then click Next.

7.) On the 2. Authenticate page, enter the SMTP Server and Port Number.

8.) If you are using Google™ Gmail for email service, select the Always use secure connection (SSL/TLS) check box.

9.) Select the Maximum Size of Email from the drop-down menu.

10.) If the SMTP server requires authentication to send an email, select the Email Log-in Authentication check box, and then enter the User ID and Password, and then click Next.

11.) On the 3. Configure page, to automatically copy the sender on email messages sent from the profile, select Include sender in all email messages sent out successfully from the printer, and then click Next.

12.) On the 4. Finish page, review the information and verify all the settings are correct. If there is an error, click the Back button to correct the error. If the settings are correct, click the Save and Test button to test the configuration.

13.) When the Congratulations message displays, click Finish to complete the configuration.

You may also refer to this document - HP Printers - How to Scan (Windows) and  Scan to Email Cannot Access Email Accounts

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

These are the answers:

To assist better-

1.) Are you trying to perform scan to email from the printer's control panel or from your computer? YES

2.) Who is the Email provider? Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail (I try to setup all of them, but without any good result)

3.) Is your Email account configured in the mail account? YES, of course it works perfectly with outlook client on my PC..

4.) Is your printer connected to the Web-Services? YES, of course

5.) Are you able to login via web mail? Make sure you don’t use autofill password in web browser. YES, of course

6.) Is there a 2-factor authentication setup? NO

7.) Did you recently change the password? NO

The second part of your answer regards the bahaviour of the application that you suppose it has been installed on MY PC. 

(but unfortunately not), but in any case for me that is not an issue. 

I just want to solve the problem with the configuration and the scan to e-mail that I launch directly from the printer touch screen. Let me know 

Kindly Regards

HP Recommended

Yes, once the scan to email is reconfigured you will be able to use it from the front panel of the printer.

You may refer to the printer's User Guide for instructions.

Let me know how this goes!

HP Recommended

The trouble I'm finding seems referring to a Connection error.
The interface web of the printer says: Check the Internet.

Honestly I don't have any Idea from what does it depends.

Maybe the router ??

As I know, I didn't set up for sure any Proxy, all settings were set up an automatic way by the network company..

Can you please suggest me how to solve this issue, because I'm sure less than 6 months ago it was working fine, as I remember.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I've saw another info on HP support.

Can you please verify if it could be caused by a double setting of the band WIFI on my network router?

Maybe few month ago I setup both 2.4 GHZ and 5GHZ.

I saw some articles on the web that were advising against using both bands, because some printers don't accept it.

What do think about : does the LaserJet MFP M277dw accept this setting?

Let me know

Regards

HP Recommended

Tried to setup only with 2.4 ghz.

But nothing, still same issue.

Let me know if have some suggestions 

Kindly regards 

HP Recommended

The printer does not support 5GHz.

1. Are you trying to connect your printer to your home network or public network?
  2. What is the status of the wireless light on the printer, steady or blinking?
  3. What device are you using the printer with, a Windows computer, Mac, Android or an iPhone?

Let me know!

HP Recommended

1. Are you trying to connect your printer to your home network or public network?
    answer: To my home network
  2. What is the status of the wireless light on the printer, steady or blinking? Answer: the status of the light is blinking. But is normal.
  3. What device are you using the printer with, a Windows computer, Mac, Android or an iPhone? Answer: as I said I try to scan and send to email address by the touch screen monitor directly from the printer, without any computer or phone OS . Let me know regards
HP Recommended

First, let's connect your printer to the network-

1. From the home screen of your printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

2. Touch the Setup icon .

3. Touch Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings, and then touch Yes to confirm your selection.

4. After the default network settings are restored, touch the back arrow, touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

The printer searches for available networks.

5. Touch the name of your wireless network.

6. If your wireless network does not display in the list of wireless networks, touch Enter New Network Name, and then type the name of your wireless network.

NOTE: 

Type the exact network name, including any uppercase and lowercase letters.

7. Type the WEP or WPA key (network password), and then touch Done.

If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password..

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

Keep me posted!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.