Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Hi @Dianehoch 

Yes, the HP Envy Photo 7855 has an Ethernet Port.

Check out this resource we found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_NInLeqNdg

at time 1:20, the Ethernet port is shown.

Moreover, the specs also mentioned it:

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c05578581#AbT2

Ports :

1 USB 2.0 client and 1 USB host (for thumbdrive); 1 Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n; 1 Ethernet; 1 RJ-11 (Fax), dual band wifi 2.4/5Ghz, BLE, SD card slot

Thank you for choosing HP! 

The following resources will be useful for you.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Probably the best solution is to connect the printer by wire rather than Wifi. If that is not possible the next best thing would be to move the printer so that it is closer to the Wifi radio so the connection does not drop so often. Another thing would be to fix the IP address of the printer so it is always at the same IP address. The easiest way is to get the MAC address and the current IP address of the printer from the config page and use them to set a reservation on the DHCP server. Windows is more prone to problems of a changing printer IP address so stopping it from changing really helps. I did once have a problem with HP Wake On LAN and a HP switch but some after research I found it was a problem with the switch’s firmware version. It does happen occasionally that there is an incompatibility but it is rare and try the easy solutions first as they are far more likely.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if that works for you, ok?

Best Regards:

Review Whore

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.