Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130a, everything works fine on scanning and printing, with paper size set to A4.

When I use Copy function, it cuts the footer of page, like somewhere it's a setting to Letter size of page. But I can't set the paper size for copying, because there's a minimal lcd screen, only for nr. of copies, level of dark and zoom. I have checked the zoom, it's 1.0 (no zoom).

I have changed the firmware to the latest from hp, but problem is not resolved. Everything from software/drivers is set to A4 size of paper.

Any help please?

Adrian.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Adrian74

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand you need help with the copies being cut off,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted to select the correct default copy paper size for your printer?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Select the correct default copy paper size for printers with a touchscreen control panel.

1. From the home screen of the printer control panel, touch Copy.

2. Touch Settings.

3. Swipe down, and then touch Paper.

4. Select Letter, Legal, or A4, depending on the paper size loaded in the paper tray.

5. Select the paper type.

6. Swipe up, and then touch Set as New Defaults.

Your selections are now the default copy settings.

If you don't have a touchscreen on the printer: Click here for steps and select the option accordingly.

Alternatively, you may also: Click here to visit your user guide and follow the steps mentioned under Page.164.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Adrian74

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand you need help with the copies being cut off,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted to select the correct default copy paper size for your printer?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Select the correct default copy paper size for printers with a touchscreen control panel.

1. From the home screen of the printer control panel, touch Copy.

2. Touch Settings.

3. Swipe down, and then touch Paper.

4. Select Letter, Legal, or A4, depending on the paper size loaded in the paper tray.

5. Select the paper type.

6. Swipe up, and then touch Set as New Defaults.

Your selections are now the default copy settings.

If you don't have a touchscreen on the printer: Click here for steps and select the option accordingly.

Alternatively, you may also: Click here to visit your user guide and follow the steps mentioned under Page.164.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks.

It worked, problem solved!

Regards,

Adrian.

HP Recommended

@Adrian74

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards identifying and leading you towards the solution for this concern.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know that you accept my suggestions,

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i used the link to the manual, thank you, im back to normal copying now. 

HP Recommended

It worked and the error was cleared. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.