Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8740
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 asks me for an admin login and password even after full factory reset.

I cannot access to the Embedded Web Server from my web browser on https://192.168.1.8, as it requires a login and a password that I never set up. So no access to scan via e-mail, of newtork folder...

This is my private printer, I installed it and no one else couyld have defined an admin login and pass.

I didi a semi-full factory reset, but the problem remains the same.

How can I unlock this?

Thanks

(Mac Book Pro user on Mojave 10.14.1)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DavidGrun23

Community Experts cannot provide this information.

Only HP can provide this information because it involves resetting the printer on a level, that if done incorrectly, can damage the printer permanently.  In addition, we (who are not HP employees) have no means of proving you are the owner of the device.  Security is pretty useless if any random stranger can get their hands on the keys (password).

If the printer is under warranty -- and even if it is not -- contact HP Technical Support.

Open a case online, explain the problem, and ask for help.

NOTE:  If you cannot contact HP Technical Support, we do have limited means of forwarding your request.

HP Technical Support - HP Contact Information

Reminders:

• Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information here).
  • In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.
  • Chat is not available in every region.

In the event that Chat is not available in your region:  Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)

• HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty.  This is normal business practice.
  • HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty.  This is normal business practice.  Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.
  • USA / Canada: HP posts your regional contact information after you submit an online case.  Use the serial number of the device to submit the case to HP.

“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support

HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.