Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7155 All-in-One Printer

My system recently crashed.  When restored the software that was on my desktop did not come back.  I had HP techs on line and a nice gentleman was helping me and he asked me to download a +Rescue app and he would remotely restore it.  Our connection was broken and he never did get back with me.  Would anyone know what this app is and can I use it myself.  I am getting desperate.  Using scan is a real problem because it will not work from my printer and I have always had to use the icon on my desktop to scan.  Any help you can give would be most appreciate.  Thank you, Linda Jefferson  user name Valentine345

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I am on Windows 10, Microsoft.  

HP Recommended

Hi @Valentine345,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP computer has crashed and the only thing that did not restore after the crash were the icons for your peripherals such as scanners and printers, you may need to reinstall or update the drivers for those devices.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue.

• Check device manager: Open the Device Manager in Windows and check if the devices are listed under the "Imaging devices" or "Printers" sections. If the devices are listed with a yellow exclamation mark, this indicates that the driver is not installed or there is an issue with the driver.
  • Update or reinstall drivers: Visit the website of the manufacturer of your devices and download the latest drivers for your devices. Alternatively, you can try uninstalling the drivers for the devices from Device Manager and then restarting your computer. Windows should automatically reinstall the drivers when you restart your computer.
  • Check connections: Make sure that all cables and connections between your devices and your computer are secure and properly connected.
  • Try a different USB port: If you are using USB devices, try connecting them to a different USB port on your computer.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the 

“Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.  It worked.  My printer is now as it was on the my pc crashed.  Valentine345

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.