Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Need to turn in webscan so my Envy 7855 can download Scans to my PC

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

This example will show how to enable Webscan for your printer:

https://youtu.be/1XnBaSWJDfo

For more resources on this printer model:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUV0sXfF6zPhJrKBYjLtsApQa2KG6_DiV

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi @mwalshkc,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To set up web scanning for your HP Envy 7855 printer so you can download scans to your computer, you'll typically need to follow these steps.

• Connect your Printer to the Network: Ensure your printer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
  • Enable Web Services on the Printer: Go to the printer control panel, navigate to Setup > Web Services Setup, and follow the on-screen instructions to enable Web Services. This step might vary slightly depending on your printer model, but typically, you'll find it under the Settings or Setup menu.
  • Obtain the Printer's Email Address: Once Web Services are enabled, your printer will be assigned an email address. Print a Web Services Information Sheet from the printer control panel or find the printer's email address in the Web Services menu.
  • Set Up Scan to Email: Use the printer's email address to set up the scan to email feature. You'll need to enter this email address as the recipient when configuring the scan settings on your printer.
  • Scan from the Printer: Place the document or photo you want to scan on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder (if available). Use the printer control panel to select the scan settings and initiate the scan.
  • Receive the Scan: After scanning, the printer will send the scanned document to the email address you specified earlier. Check your email inbox to download the scanned file to your computer.
  • Configure Scan Settings (Optional): You can usually adjust scan settings such as resolution, file format, and destination email address from the printer's control panel or through the printer's web interface.

These steps should help you set up web scanning on your HP Envy 7855 printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.