Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Office Jet 4655
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am attempting to scan a number of documents with my Office Jet 4655 to my computer running Windows 10. When I attempt to do so through the document feeder the documents are not read and will scan only from the flatbed (setting in the scan software is set to load through document feeder if loaded). Without removing the documents I attempted a copy and the copy will accept the documents through the feeder with no additional changes. Is there a setting somewhere that will force the scanner to read from the ADF?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

As I said in my original comment I  had already selected ADF feeder. The only solution I found was shutting the printer down then loading my documents in the feeder, restarting then scanning. That would let me do one feeder style scan but after that I had to shut down again and repeat the process.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi , 

Watch this video @ 1.16 Min . Exactly takes you to a screen which has SOURCE selected as SCANNER BED you can click on drop down and select it as ADF FEEDER . 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5hzgGX_G2I&feature=youtu.be

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my    efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 

HP Recommended

As I said in my original comment I  had already selected ADF feeder. The only solution I found was shutting the printer down then loading my documents in the feeder, restarting then scanning. That would let me do one feeder style scan but after that I had to shut down again and repeat the process.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Sorry about the confusion . 

You can try SEMI FULL RESET on the printer. 

Figure : Control panel buttons, icons, and lights
Image: Control panel buttons, icons,  and lights.

Step - 1 

Power on the printer . 

Step -2 

Back button press this button on the printer ( In figure button # 2 )  for 4 times 

i.e,. tap it for 4 times  is a "hidden" utility screen 

Step -3 

You ll get SUPPORT MENU >> go down and select RESETS MENU >> Choose SEMIFULL RESET 

Press OK , Printer will restart automatically and follow the screen prompts. 

NOTE - SEMIFULL RESET will take your printer to factory condition. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you ...

Have a great day !!! 🙂 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.