Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

i have an hp 8600 office jet pro

HP Recommended
i need your help
HP Recommended

What is it you need?

HP Recommended

HP8600 printer with black streaks... HUGE kudos to the solution... worked perfectly. Thanks !!!!

HP Recommended

Thanks turning off the hp 8600 office pro worked great for getting rid of the streaks, we had a couple of power outs earlier in the day and wondering if that's what caused the streaks in the first place.

Again thanks for the suggestion, and solution

HP Recommended

Great! I'm glad I could help resolve the issue.

HP Recommended

Hi

Should you come across black streaks during ADF copy, there could be 2 scenarios.

1) Thin vertical lines (that resembles a line being drawn by a pencil) - clean the scanner glass (smaller piece of glass at the left hand side after lifting the ADF)

2) Thick vertical lines (approximately 1.5cm/something more than that) - power down your unit and unplug all power cables. Leave unit for 30mins - 1hr.

For scenario 2, should the issue persists, kindly proceed to contact the HP Customer Support.

Hope this helps 🙂

I work for HP.

If my answer was helpful please click the blue “Kudos" button to say "Thank You" or Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

@lions99 wrote:

@@Username101, glad I could help. 

@I also have the same problem happening with my HP Office Jet Pro 8600 plus. Everytime I scan I get several streaks going across the page and am unable to clear it. I have tried turning it on and off, cleaning it with windex and nothing. Please help. you can reach me at magyibarra @ yahoo.com

HP Recommended

Thanks, the reset worked for me to, the lines down the page when copying have been driving me crazy !!!

although when i copy or scan some of the text is much lighter in colour in one line down the page. its ok when printing !!

HP Recommended

I turned off the printer then back on and it fixed the problem. I should have known to do that. That technique fixes about 90% of any problem with any computer or printer..hey, I just had to fix my new gas heater today. It's really a computer, so I turned it off, then on, and it worked. Who needs a Double E degree when this is all you really need to know.:smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.