Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 Premium
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello.  I've been following this thread where the Tkhundi diagnosed that a firmware update broke the Network Folder Setup on Officejet Pro 8600 models because the PRINTER never replies with the password.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/Officejet-Pro-8600-Premium-scan-to-network...

I also have this model printer and I was successfully using it to scan to a network share until the most recent firmware update (CLP1CN1829AR).

Tkhundi reported that after speaking to the HP escalation team they were unable to provide any resources to investigate and address the problem due to the age of the printer.

This is clearly unacceptable because it was a defective firmware update from HP that broke an otherwise perfectly good printer.  It would be environmentally irresponsible for me to simply throw it in the trash because of a broken firmware version.

Can you please confirm that this will be investigated further?

Many thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @johnsmith68

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

I understand you are not able to scan to the network folder. We do not have an option to downgrade the firmware on the printer. 

Re-do the configuration. Kindly refer to the last question in the FAQ section of this document to know how to setup 'Scan to network folder' on a MAC.

Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear KUMAR0307.  Thanks for your reply but the article you reference is for scanning to a computer and not relevant to my issue.  My printer no longer allows me to setup scanning to a network folder on a NAS drive (in my case, a Time Capsule) since the firmware update.

I would urge you to read the original forum postings I linked to in my post and in particular those by Tkhundi who has diagnosed the problem using packet logs which show that using the latest firmware the PRINTER never replies with the password and the PRINTER closes down the session.

Just as with Tkhundi and many other posters, my printer was connecting happily to the network share for years before the firmware update.  The update is the only thing that has changed.  This is simply a case that HP have broken a feature for which I purchased this model of printer and had been using without issue for many years.

It is not acceptable that the HP escalation team state they are unable to provide resources to investigate the problem due to the age of the printer.  HP broke a working printer with their update and must surely have an obligation to fix it.

I would be grateful to know when an updated firmware will be available to restore the advertised functionality of the printer?

HP Recommended

@johnsmith68

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.