Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Will not copy even though it sounds like its doing something. Error message reported that wrong paper size was being used. All other functions seem fine. Just purchased.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Odd. If it was the scanner bulb, this would happen but you wouldn't be able to scan. If it was the printhead you would get blank pages from copy's and not be able to print. This is really a weird issue. I have sent you something to try via private message. 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

If the steps I sent do not resolve the issue, it will be best to reach out to phone support. They may have additional options. 

www.hp.com/contacthp/

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, and welcome to the HP Community @Infofarmer,

I understand you are unable to make a copy with your HP Officejet Pro 8620, and you are getting 'Paper Mismatch' error message. I will be happy to help.

Below, I have posted a link to a document that offers some troubleshooting solutions to this issue. Please try out all of the steps, in order and get back to me with the results. 

If this helps show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

I hope this helps, and have a great day.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

HP Recommended

The steps listed in your answer did not change the problem at all.  After doing all of them and attempting to copy again the same "paper size  mismatch" error message appeared again and the "copy" came out blank.

Please note that we have no problem printing from Windows or scanning.  It is only the COPY function that is giving this message.

HP Recommended

Hi @Infofarmer

MarcelusWallace wont be back in till Monday so I thought I would lend a hand. I have a couple of questions. 

What size and type of paper is loaded in the printer? 
What size of document are you trying to scan? 
Have you checked the copy settings to make sure that they are correct? 

You can customize copy jobs using the various settings available from the printer control panel. In the Copy menu, touch the gear icon or Settings and change the desired settings.

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. The paper and settings all check out.  The machine makes all the sounds for quite a while like it's doing something and then it sends out a blank page. Scanning and printing wireless work perfect. Just copy is the problem. Thanks, Jon

HP Recommended

Odd. If it was the scanner bulb, this would happen but you wouldn't be able to scan. If it was the printhead you would get blank pages from copy's and not be able to print. This is really a weird issue. I have sent you something to try via private message. 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

If the steps I sent do not resolve the issue, it will be best to reach out to phone support. They may have additional options. 

www.hp.com/contacthp/

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help with ideas. It was hardware. The scanning equipment failed.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as Honor Student--the 8620 will print and will scan, but will not copy. The insides are whirring away, and eventually there's an error message about "paper size mismatch." Can you send me the same information that you sent Honor Student? Unfortunately, my printer was working fine for a long time, but is no longer under warranty. I switched to W10, but that switch doesn't appear to be the cause, as it worked fine for weeks thereafter. I already tried the "unplug the printer for 15 seconds" reset idea, and re-installed the software CD. 

Thanks for any help -- TJB2 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.