Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having problems printing in color and sometimes black depending on how much black ink is needed for the print out. I have all new ink cartridges installed but nothing has changed the quality of print.  I use the printer for homeschooling and I'm not in the market to purchase another printer. Its a little under 2 years old. Please help!!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@abjo12607

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the printer model number or the product number for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@abjo12607

Provide the printer model number or the product number for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hp OfficeJet Pro 69781

HP Recommended

T0F29A

HP Recommended

Pls omit the last number...this was a typo. Thanks

HP Recommended

@abjo12607

Did you make a copy and check if that prints fine?

Meanwhile:

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. From the printer control panel, open the Setup  menu.

3. Open the Reports or Tools menu.

4. Touch Print Quality Report.

A Print Quality Diagnostic Page prints.

Example of the Print Quality Diagnostic Page

If that does not print fine, try the steps mentioned in this HP document for more assistance:- Click  here 

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Now it's a new problem...Instant Ink sent faulty ink cartridges and I contacted them to trouble shoot on several occasions including today, to only be told to purchase a new model bc my warrenty expired. My printer has not been moved since it was unboxed and handled with care. I don't understand why it is having issues. My printer is now printing other colors then the actual document. I need help fast.....as I have so much work to do and have wasted tons of paper and ink trying to self trouble shoot. Did a reset, reinstalled drivers, etc. Nothing has changed. Please help!!!

HP Recommended

@abjo12607

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.