Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

To print mailing addresses on an envelope, I presently have to remove copy  paper from the tray  and fit in the envelope to make one mailing envelope. Is there an easier way?  CAROLS21

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello @CAROLS21 ,

Thank you for joining us on the HP Forums today, hope you enjoy your time with us!

I understand you are wondering how to print on your envelopes more proficiently.

Here is the user guide and it clearly shows how to print on envelopes. :generic: Refer to pages 24 and 25 of the manual, pages 40 and 41 of the PDF. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04204791.pdf

Let me know if this answers your questions. Look forward to hearing back from you.

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

Um ,....thank you to the person who posted the link to the users manual for trying to help, but the simpler reply would have been a big fat "NO", ...there is no other way to print an address on an envelope other than to empty the paper tray and size up the guide posts each and every single time you want to print one.  *Extreme* pain in the ***** guys. Come on HP, ...you're supposed to be the best in the biz - by far.  How about giving me the old single envelope feed I used and loved SO much on my old 1320?  The missing envelope feed just knocked my new 8620's status from a 9 to about a 5.

HP Recommended

I followed the link provided above worked great.  Loaded as many envelopes as I could fit and printed using MS Mail Merge in MS Word.  Worked great, not problems.

HP Recommended

If you're printing a buncha envelopes no problem. If you had read the OP's question, you would have understood that that is not what is at stake here. What those of us in many small offices like to do is the one off of the one envelope a week that I have to address, without unloading the paper (twice) and resetting the paper tray.

I ALSO have a 1320 and I just realized that I should print the color parts on a stack of envelopes on the 8620 and then stuff them one at a time, as needed, into the 1320 for the address. I can deal with that. I agree, though that the 8620 is less of an office printer for not having a single sheet slot. I should pay more attention the next time something goes on such a huge discount! 

HP Recommended

When I try to print an envelope I do the following:  Take the regular paper out of the holder and put an envelope print side down; adjust the width and lenght slides to fit the envelope; on the layout tab set to landscape; on the paper/quality tab set to normal paper; and on the advanced tab set to letter #10. Wbhen I try to print the envelope, the envelope cycles through the printer and I get the message "paper size mismatch". I still have XP. Is there a different driver I should be using or is something else wrong?

Max Hendrickson

HP Recommended

I have been trying for two days to print addresses on envelopes with the HP Officejet Pro 8620 wireless printer without success  using LibreOffice 3.5. I have read the HP manual and pdf reference which are totally useless. I have watched endless help videos which fail to address the problem and am ready to declare the HP Officejet Pro 8620 wireless printer totally useless for printing envelopes. I have burned through stacks of envelopes and piles of paper in reaching this conclusion. So Hewlett-Packard printer division, prove me wrong and provide a simple, easy to understand procedure that works!

HP Recommended

I checked out the link to the manual and looked at the pdf version. The link provided information on loading envelopes but totally ignored the procedure for getting LibreOffice 3.5 to format and print envelopes. Sorry, but your offering was of no help what so ever.

HP Recommended

YES, the exact same thing happens to me. I print from a MacBook Air and I need to print at least 100 envelopes monthly. I had addressed my first 100 and swore I would never do it again! I was not sure the issues was due to my Mac or the printer. It looks like it is the printer. I purchased mine back in April at Costco. I am thinking of going to Costco and return it to get a printer that does what I need! Frusrated!!!

HP Recommended

I think I have found a way to print envelopes without having to go through the annoying process of emptying the paper tray, moving the guides, inserting an envelope, printing the envelope, and then moving the guides back and putting the regular paper back in the tray. The solution is to use removable tape to lightly tape an envelope to a piece of letter size printer paper or even a piece of lightweight pad paper. Then just open the paper tray and lay the page on top of the pile, print the envelope, and remove it from the piece of printer paper. For some reason, when one does it this way (or at least when I do it this way), the envelope has to be flush right rather than centered. The envelope should be face down and taped to the underside of the piece of printer paper or pad paper with the flap to the left.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.