Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Save edited scans

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. After scanning a document or a photo and trying to edit it, when I click Done it returns the document or photo without any change. If I try to do it again it either does change it or just adds trash to the botton of the documento or photo. Is there a fix for this? I`m using Windows 10 last version. The problem started after the last update of the HP Smart software.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,931 27,916 1,852 2,488
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Pbonesio

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your printer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Here are the reaponses to your questions:

1) I use three different printers Office Jet Pro 7740, Envy 7640 and Envy  4500. The problem occurs with all of them. Doesn’t look like it is a printer issue but a software issue.

2) My OS is the Windows 10 latest update

3) My problem is related to the edit function after I scanned a document or picture and try to crop it. 95% of the times it does not crop the image but reverts back to the original image. If you crop it again some digital trash is inserted in a portion of the image.

4) No hardware update was done. The only software update done was the HP Smart. I believe this update caused the issue and I cannot reinstall the older version that was working perfectly.

5) I did not performed any troubleshooting on the software. I do not know how to do that. When I test my HP Laptop computer it shows no hardware problems.

I hope this clarifies my issue. I have seen that other members have the same issue but nobody got a solution for the problem so far!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation