I have the same issue. After scanning a document or a photo and trying to edit it, when I click Done it returns the document or photo without any change. If I try to do it again it either does change it or just adds trash to the botton of the documento or photo. Is there a fix for this? I`m using Windows 10 last version. The problem started after the last update of the HP Smart software.
Thanks for the reply. Here are the reaponses to your questions:
1) I use three different printers Office Jet Pro 7740, Envy 7640 and Envy 4500. The problem occurs with all of them. Doesn’t look like it is a printer issue but a software issue.
2) My OS is the Windows 10 latest update
3) My problem is related to the edit function after I scanned a document or picture and try to crop it. 95% of the times it does not crop the image but reverts back to the original image. If you crop it again some digital trash is inserted in a portion of the image.
4) No hardware update was done. The only software update done was the HP Smart. I believe this update caused the issue and I cannot reinstall the older version that was working perfectly.
5) I did not performed any troubleshooting on the software. I do not know how to do that. When I test my HP Laptop computer it shows no hardware problems.
I hope this clarifies my issue. I have seen that other members have the same issue but nobody got a solution for the problem so far!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".