cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
Lotusguy
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Scan file type issue

HP Recommended
Envy 7645
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Started scanning documents a few weeks ago to email, which have arrived in pdf format, and all has worked fine. This morning the two stored email addresses in the scan section were gone, and scanned emailed files now arrive as some type of HP file that cannot be opened. The printer is left on all the time, and I don't remember any recent power outages or spikes. Anyone have any idea what has happened?  

1 REPLY 1
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,590 31,301 5,396 12,611
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try saving the file to a folder, rename it and add a PDF extension and check if you may open the file then.

Note: for Windows 10 click the top View ribbon menu and check the box next to File name extensions prior to renaming the file.

Please let me know if that works,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation