I successfully configured dropbox account on my Laserjet PRO M428fdw. I can scan and save directly into dropbox from the printer. The problem is that I am limited to 150 dpi. How can I scan with greater resoution from the printer?
What I am doing step by step from the printer interface (using the built in touch screen display)
- From the home page I select APP
- There are some preloaded built in APPs already installed (I did not install any app): "Scans a email", "Drive", "Dropox", "Update App".
- I select the Update function and it says that all the APPs are updated
- I select Dropbox and I succesfully gain access to the account I configured
- I select "Scan and upload"
- Now there are many scanning options (doc format, color, resolution...). I select "resolution". Here there are only 3 possibile settings: 75, 100 and 150 DPI. How can I set a greater resolution (at least 300 dpi) considering that scanner optical resolution is 1200x1200. Why is it limited to 150 dpi max only). This is not enough in many cases.
Printer Home Page - References and Resources –Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems
“Things that are your printer”
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Access to thePrint and Scan Doctor(Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) aCategory>Topic >Subtopic
It is a pity that resolution is limited at such a low value on the printer: it would have been userful being able to scan directly from the printer at 300dpi without a PC. In this way the "scan to cloud" function is virtually unuseful. If I have to switch on a PC and perform the scan from a PC, I can save the file on the shared folder from the PC, even if the scanner does not have this feature.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".