Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9022
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP helped me set up an App on my printer display to enable me to scan from the printer to Google Drive.  However the App will not let me choose a quality above 150dpi - if I scan other ways it will let me go up to at least 300dpi.

Does anyone know how I can change this so that I am given a choice of a higher quality of scan when done straight from the printer?

Thank you

Adam

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AdamT13 

The simple answer is "No".

Scanning from the device (printer) always provides fewer options, including lower resolution.

What else?

Anything that does not require extra software?

The closest you can get - and it is NOT using the printer display - is to use Webscan from your browser (or possibly from within HP Smart).  Doing so, allows higher resolutions.  Webscan requires that you choose your destination

Webscan is not a HP Smart Task.

Webscan – located in the Embedded Web Server (EWS) – No additional software

NOTE:  Webscan feature  is not available on Laser printers

If the printer is on the network,

If the EWS feature is available on your printer,

• Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar
  • Tab Settings > Security > Administrator Settings > make sure Webscan is checked / enabled
  • Click Apply to save any changes

Next

• Tab Scan > Webscan 
  • Set up Webscan the way you want it - for example, set the Source to ADF
  • Click Start Scan to scan your document / image using Webscan
  • After the scan is complete, Save the scan to your computer.

Example

EWS_9025_Webscan_Settings_Security_Administrator_2EWS_9025_Webscan_Settings_Security_Administrator_2EWS_9025_Webscan_1EWS_9025_Webscan_1

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 9022 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you.  Does seem odd that you can't access that feature from the panel and therefore need another device at the same time. 

HP Recommended

@AdamT13 

You are welcome.

Stay Safe.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.