cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Scan to computer missing

HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw
Other

I just installed the printer and I do not see an option to 'print to computer' on the printer's screen. I have researched everywhere and do not see how to get this option. I am running macOS Big Sur 11.1

I have checked for updates on the printer and none are available. I DO NOT want to print from an app. I need the same functionality I always had with my OfficeJet 8700s. If this function is gone from these HPs, I will return this printer.

Anyone know what I can do here?

2 REPLIES 2
Level 17
Level 17
30,288 30,004 5,178 11,993
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Scan to Computer is a feature available for inkjet printers only, not for Laserjet printers.

You may set up scan to Network Folder for a network connection with your Mac as described below:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03953940

Scanning to Email is another feature which can be sued to scan from the printer front panel:

https://www.support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03953891

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for clearing that up. I wonder why HP doesn't state this clearly so we would know before purchasing the LaserJet printers? Does anyone know why or if HP plans to get this feature on LaserJets? It is the most convenient way to scan and not having that feature is a deal killer.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation