Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8730
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with the scan to email option on my OfficeJet Pro 8730.

On the EWS I entered the same SMTP settings as our other printer (Officejet Pro 8720). But when I test it with my work e-mailadres, it says one or more of the recipient emails are invalid. (a test with the same recipient e-mail works on the other printer).

The test on the 8730 only works when the recipient domain is the same as the outgoing email domain

The DNS settings from the 8730 are the same as from the 8720. Also connected to the same WiFi network.

Is there some setting I forget ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TimWhoon Welcome to HP Community!

If we are setting up scan to email for gmail domain then we have to check two settings in our gmail account;;

1.Login to your gmail account and then click settings option.You will find "Two step verification"option under security tab.So make sure that is turned OFF.

2.Under the Account settings ,there would be an option saying "Allow less secure Apps ",so check it and scroll the bar to turn it ON

There are the settings which conflicts in setting up scan to email.Even through if we will correct username and password including correct SMTP port and server then these two settings have to be set first to make it working .

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.