Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9025e
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

When i attempt to set up Scan to Network folder I get the following error upon test or trying to scan: "Incorrect credentials. Check your username/password and try again." Originally when I set up the printer for the first time this function worked. After I did a reset to change/recover my password it no longer works. Resetting the printer AGAIN does not solve. Using the standard set up protocol (suggested by HP) AGAIN does not solve. I have tried this on 2 different MacBook Pros and it gives the same error on both. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Can you clarify a little please: Did you perform a factory reset on the printer or was the change/recover password done on your Macbook. I just want to be 100% clear. Please also state what actual way you setup the scan to folder, because you can say "suggested by HP" but there are several different ways to configure scan to folder. The more details you can provide, the more likely it is that someone will have a solution to your problem.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks! I performed a factory reset on the printer (by going to Support Menu/Reset Menu). I set up scan to folder both through the HP Smart App and by using Preferences/Printers Scanners to get to the EWS of the printer. I then specified the smb link to the shared folder on my MacBook Pro. I also set up the credentials to sign in to my computer as well as a PIN. 

I think I stated in my original post that the first time I set this up on the printer the function worked properly. Then in order to reset/recover the password for the printer I did a reset of the printer. Although I cleared the PRAM on the computer, I have not put it in the Safe Mode to try the scan to folder function. I can scan on the 9025e from the computer using the HP Smart app...

HP Recommended

I'm running macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 and have a officejet pro 9015e setup to scan to network folder. It has worked fine for almost a year. Within the last week or so it has stopped working. No password or username changes and the printer will print and scan to email just fine. I can access the Embedded web server just fine as well. 

When trying to scan to network folder I get an error message that username or password is invalid. 

I was told by HP support that they think it is Big Sur that AFP is no longer working or supported or something like that. They did not have any fixes and told me to talk to apple...

Anyone else have any ideas? I can't get it to work.

HP Recommended

Scan to network folder worked when initially set it up and I was running Big Sur. After resetting the printer as a way to recover a password, I could no longer get it to work getting the credentials error. Big Sur does not have AFP but doesn’t the share with the printer use SMB? Geez, $500 inkjet that goes unsupported. 

HP Recommended

Did anyone get a solution? I am having the same problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.