cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
FFWFAF
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

ScanJet Pro N4000 snw1 password reset

HP Recommended
ScanJet Pro N4000 snw1

Dear all,

I have a ScanJet Pro N4000 snw1. When I try to log in to the EWS, I'm asked for an username and a password and it's the same when I try to change settings at the device directly where I'm prompted for a password, too. I don't know these credentials, so is there any way to do a hard reset by holding down physical buttons while booting or anything like this? 

Thank you in advance for helping

1 REPLY 1
FFWFAF
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've solved my problem on my own. I've used a password manager tool to generate quite a long password. Obviously, it was automatically truncated by the change password form (firmware 0.51, now updated), that saved the first 16 characters only. I've had similar problems before, so I tried truncated versions of different length - successfully. As I remember, there hasn't been a warning, an error message nor a prompt to use a shorter password.

Maybe, I didn't look at the input form properly or it just isn't programmed in a useful way - nevertheless, this annoying experience may at least help other people in similar situations. Anyway, HP should rethink the policy to make factory resets a hidden secret.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation