cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
Starfolk
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Scanner Disabled!

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6600
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello All,

I used to be able to scan from my all in one printer, but now when I open printers and scanner, my all in one doesn't offer a scan function. I have researched HPSmart, and all I can find is that my scanner 'has been disabled' - and check with my network admin or the person who set up my printer (moi!) What to do? So frustrating!! I've uninstalled the printer and re-installed it to no avail. Please help if you can!

-Starfolk

1 REPLY 1
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,718 17,700 983 851
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Starfolk

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Enabling Scan to computer using HP Utility may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

1.) On your Mac, click Finder, click Applications, click the Hewlett-Packard or HP folder, then double-click HP Utility. (If HP Utility is not available, download and install the printer essential software from here

2.) Under Scan Settings, click Scan to Computer, then make sure the Enable Scan to Computer check box is selected.

https://lithium-response-prod.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/hpcsc.response.lithium.com/RESPONSEIMAGE/946f6e5f-68db-4b93-a3ad-831e2c463488.default.png

3.) Try to scan.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation