Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The scanner button is not opening the program. The scanner is combined with HP Deskjet 1515. I was told by one of your staff that I should contact HP direct, perhaps there will be remote access to see what the problem is.
Please reply [personal information removed].

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Which button you refer to? the HP Deskjet 1515 all-in-one do not have any scanner button on the printer ront panel:

1.JPG

Hae you tried scanning using HP Scan by pressing Scan a document or picture from teh HP Deskjet 1510 software on your computer?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-ink-advantage-1510-all-in-one-printer-series/5285089...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi, The scanner button I referred to is after I open the page from the Deskjet 1510 series shortcut, there is a long button called “Scan a Document or Photo  Open the scan dialog” when I click on it nothing happens. It used to open the scan program from this but now nothing. I reinstalled the program but it still did not work.

Please what could be the problem?

Thank you  

HP Recommended

Scanning issues…

Please try this scan solution:

HP Scan Extended

For Windows:   ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Check all your settings and expand all tabs and all + signs to see all options that available.

Make searchable PDFs scans with this free scanning software - https://www.naps2.com/   

NAPS2 also allows you to:

1. Maximize and resize the scanning screen on your computer.
  2. Scan over 300 ppi from the Glass or ADF.
  3. Save multiple pages (over 300 ppi) to one PDF file.

Let us know.

HP Recommended

Hi,
I downloaded from the link you sent and started the HP Scan Extended Setup Wizard.
I selected Repair, Remove, and Change one after the other but all did not work, as I clicked on Scan a Document or Photo and still did not open the program.
I also downloaded the NAPS2 (Not Another PDF Scanner 2) but I don’t know what it does to open the scanner.
Could there be another link that may be able to open the stubborn scanner program ones and for all?
Thank you
P.S. There is no “All Programs” when I click Start but I managed to find HP Scan Extended and found Run as Administrator” which I clicked on.

HP Recommended

OK, if HP Scan Extended does not work, you have computer issues with your software and drivers.

Suggest you fully remove and delete the HP printer and all software.  Now go to the HP web site and download and install the Full Featured Software and Drivers and try again.

HP Recommended

Please be sure to restart your PC first and try again, a simple pc restart mayy help in such issues.

I would also suggest following HP Print and Scan Doctor by selecting Fix Scanning and check:

https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c03286146

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi,
I did restart computer after I followed the HP Scan Extended Setup Wizard.
I opened the Scan Doctor (which was installed months ago) and it said “There is a newer version of this tool available” so I clicked “Download Update” and then it showed “Another instance of this application is already running” but nothing opened.
I downloaded the “HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.1”. opened it and a window came where it said Choose Your Product but there were no products listed, so I clicked “My product is not listed” then it asked to switch Off and On and Retry which I did but no product showed up!
Today I found a shortcut on desktop - NAPS2 and opened it and clicked the Scan button then a window came saying “An error occurred with the scanning driver”
Please can you take remote access of my pc perhaps you be able to find what really is holding the scanner program? If it is the driver’s fault how I can find it and fix it?
Thank you for looking it through

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you print to the printer?

From your description is seems as the computer do not communicate with the HP device.

Please ensure the USB cable is not longer than 2 meters long and connected to the back of your computer (assuming it isn't a laptop).

As well try plugging the USB cable to a different port of your PC and check if you may see any difference.

In addition please right click the Start button and select Device Manager.

Expend the Universal Serial Bus Controller category by double clicking it - can you see the pritner listed there?

Expend the Imaging Devices category by double clicking it - can you see the pritner listed there?

If the answer is not for any of these categories I would suggest trying a different USB cable and check if you may see any cifferene.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi,
The printer can print and photocopy, only the scanner don’t work.
The cable is 1.84 meters connected to the back of the HP computer. I tried in different ports but no change.
I opened the Device Manager and double clicked on Universal Serial Bus Controller and the printer “HP Deskjet 1510 series(REST)” is in the list.
Double clicked on Imaging Devices and found the printer “HP Deskjet 1510 series (USB)” is there too. Please note the change at the end of name of printer. I also noticed that the number on the body of the printer is 1515 not 1510.
Some weeks ago the scanner worked ok, what could possibly be the reason the scanner is not opening?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.