Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Scanjet G4010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had my Scanjet G4010 scanner hooked up to a Gateway desktop running Window 7 which I think just died.  Until I sort that out I'm wondering if the scanner would work with my Dell Inspiron 17 7000 2-in-1 with Windows 10.  I love this scanner and hope I can still use it but don't want to mess around with trying if there's a reason it won't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@dle0414 

Yes, there are software and drivers for Windows 10 on the following link

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-scanjet-g4010-photo-scanner/3236364

Please download and install to your Dell computer.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@dle0414 

Yes, there are software and drivers for Windows 10 on the following link

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-scanjet-g4010-photo-scanner/3236364

Please download and install to your Dell computer.

Regards

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you.  Guess first I should find out if the scanner can be connected via USB.  It has a different connection to the desktop PC.

HP Recommended

Thanks for all of the help.  My old scanner is now hooked up to and running fine with the new laptop:)

HP Recommended

@dle0414 

You are welcome.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.