Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I have a new HP 4301 LaserJet Pro printer. When i scan multiple pages at the same time, intending for the file to be sent to my email as one document, the scanner creates files that are individual files instead of one file.  For example, i scan 10 page document - i receive 10 documents with one page at a time.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MissTrunkMonkey 

Welcome to the HP Community --

------------------------------------------

Update / Edit

Add HP Scan example in section "What else?"

------------------------------------------

HP Document - How to Scan

HP Printers - How to Scan (Windows, Mac, Mobile) | HP® Customer Support

Extras

The printer is almost never aware of what it is printing.

Scanning can perhaps be set up and the command issued from the Control Panel.

Amongst the types jobs that can be configured at the Control Panel and /or within the Embedded Web Server (EWS) are the settings for "Scan to Email".

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301, HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4302 - User Guide 

Start on Page 57

Example - EWS - Scan to Email - "new" EWS format

Open your Browser > Type / enter the Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

1)  Section General > Email Servers

And, next

2)  Section Scan > Scan to Email

EWS_9135_Scan_to_Email_Default_Options_4EWS_9135_Scan_to_Email_Default_Options_4

What else?

The Operating System / version on your device (computer, tablet, phone) and the application or software you are using to scan the content makes a difference to the results when you save the scanned content.

For example,

• HP Smart application (Windows and Mobile) tends to group scanned pages together into one document.
  • HP Scan (part of the full solution software) can be instructed to save all scanned pages in the job as one file OR to save each scanned page into its own file.

Example - HP Scan - Menu - More > Destination > File Type

9025_HP_Scan_Menu_PDF_More_Destination_99025_HP_Scan_Menu_PDF_More_Destination_9

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

Product Home - Printers

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

OR

Select a saved product from HP Account Dashboard

OR

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301-4303dw/fdn/fdw Printer series  

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.