Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw

HPColor Laserjet Pro MFP M277dw.  February 27, 2023.  One week ago I was notified of update which I downloaded and installed.  Then the scanner did not work.  I called HP Help and said I would pay for help after much research and experimentation.  HP tech rep said the scanner was deleted from the update, that I had to use HP smart as a separate piece of software activity.  (That is not acceptable - HP smart is very crude version for scanning).  Rep tried to find old version to reinstall that would include the scanner, to no avail as the printer is now discontinued.  (Note, printer is 3 years old, hard to believe hp would  do something like this - change basic software to delete one of its major functions, but tech guy apologized and said that's what they did. ) I am now looking in my online backups for older version of software but I'm a neophyte and unsure of how to do whatever is needed.  Have others experienced this?  I use the scanner a lot and am so disappointed in what HP has done.  Bottom line: If no suggestions from community, guess it's time to buy another printer/scanner/copier but NOT HP.  Sorry to say I hold HP stock and grew up in Palo Alto quite near to the HP facilities.  Overall HP has not been helpful with tech support.  I was not able to extend the 2-year warranty for tech help and the help that I thought I would have to pay for was unable to perform.  Rep did waive the fee as after a full hour, he came up with zero.    Lydia Herz   

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Under Windows 10 there was a lovely scan utility CLJM277 for my LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw. It's nowhere to be found now, and HP Smart doesn't work because it complains that my network is 5GHz instead of 2.4. Yet the printer prints just fine on wireless at 5GHz.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.